As summer ends, we usher in a new season, and with it new foods to enjoy. Pumpkin gets a lot of attention this time of year (and I do enjoy a good pumpkin-spiced dish), but there are a lot of other ingredients that will be cropping up in the coming months. Apples, parsnips, fennel, cranberries, squash and sweet potatoes thrive as the weather shifts. We can also look forward to herbs, like rosemary, lavender, thyme and chives.
With fall weddings and parties on the horizon, it’s always fun to step-up your game with fresh ingredients that you can put together in fun, new and creative ways. So put the pigs in a blanket and shrimp cocktail off to the side and make room for something extra special.
My autumn-inspired appetizers are perfect for dinner parties, nights in with the family and elegant affairs. Here are just a few ways I like to elevate everyday apps and hors d’oeuvres:
* Pork Sliders with Caramelized Apples and Onions: Take advantage of apple picking and add them to your burgers and sliders for a unique flavor pairing.
* Truffle Mac and Cheese: Give this classic an Italian twist with fresh truffles or truffle oil, and a sprinkle of thyme leaves. Serve in mini ramekins.
* Grilled Lamb Chops with Seasonal Herbs: Season these tasty chops with fresh rosemary, lavender or any herbs growing in your garden.
* Chevre-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon: Sweet and salty, it’s a balanced bite that satisfies all your cravings.
* Grass-fed Beef Skewers: High-quality beef skewers, grilled to perfection, are always a crowd pleaser. Don’t forget to serve them with complementary dipping sauces.
* Pumpkin-Spiced Bisque: Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice? Served in shot glasses, these one-sip appetizers are thick, creamy and full of fall flavors. No spoons required!
Ready for an upgrade? Make the ordinary extraordinary by adding an appetizer to your next Personal Chef order. View my services or contact me to learn more.